Thursday, May 4, 2023

Scout Ride, May 4, 2023

 Leaving aside the inevitable Star Wars comments on this date, 6 of us (7 if you count Winray who joined for a short bit...and I guess we should count her as she did the Mercer Island section of the ride with us) pre-rode a route planned for a group ride on May 9.  Unfortunately, a family issue has arisen which prevents me from leading the ride as planned. Fortunately, 5 of the 6 of us are ride leaders...so two have volunteered to lead and sweep the ride for me. It is nice to be part of a supportive community! 

Since it wasn't an "official" ride, there was no pace restrictions so I was able to just ride at whatever intensity suited me which was a great feeling today!  All the other riders are very capable and equally speedy (or speedier!) than me so I wasn't worried about offending anyone's sensibilities.

Looks like a great route which could be easily expanded! 


 

Dayle shot this next one so my Bride could be sure I was actually riding and not goofing off somewhere!




No comments:

Post a Comment