Friday, April 14, 2023

Cascade Group Ride, April 14, 2023

 Christine has re-started the weekly Friday group ride, FRUMPS (Friday Rides for Unemployed Merry Pedalers), which went into abeyance somewhere in the pandemic.  Today was the first ride of the new version of the old series.  It was also a route I wanted to jump onto since it used some streets on which I wasn't familiar and could use for future group rides heading north from Woodinville. 

We caught a sunny day and, despite my concerns, I wasn't actually overdressed despite the solar heating. Since I usually can't ride on Friday mornings due to a standing Bridge Game commitment, this was a bit of a treat for me as my partner for the regular Friday game wasn't able to play today.  It turns out I will have a few extra Fridays coming up for rides as he will be gone a fair bit on travel.  Lucky me - more rides and I don't have to travel!!

Our route headed north and Christine asked me to lead the group up the first (and really only) hill which seemed to go on forever.  It was good that the hill was at the start although several of the usual riders can crush me on the hills.....but they were nice to me today!  My ego says: "Thank you!"

Coffee/Snack stop at Mill Creek Shopping Center which makes a pretty cycling stop at least during the week.  It might get crazy on weekends.

 

At the start:


 

Bikes scattered around the tables at the coffee stop:


The group getting ready to head back:


Route du jour:



No comments:

Post a Comment