Sunday, April 2, 2023

Cascade Group Ride, April 2, 2023

 16 of us defied the early morning rain/snow mix to ride our Sunday free group ride for coffee out of Woodinville. Despite the dire conditions earlier in the morning, we sandwiched in a rain-free ride with sunshine today......and got back before the big hail fall this afternoon. I suspect Spring conditions like this will be common for April. We used a revised route due to the closure of the SR520 Bike Trail this weekend but still had our coffee/snack stop at the Metropolitan Market on Mercer Island. 

 


 



 About halfway through the ride, my rear derailleur stopped working!  On a hill.....  So I walked about a half mile to Greg's Cycles in Bellevue. Their mechanics diagnosed the problem as a bent bolt on the B adjustment.  They thought it was something likely at time of installation and not something I did....I was being very careful about the shifting on the maiden run of the new gearing on the green bike.  As the derailleur ended up being damaged. we went ahead and replaced it...fortunately they had one in stock!  I rode the remaining 17 miles back to the start...with some trepidation....but all worked well for that leg of riding. More to come this week as we try to understand better what happened. 

The Walk:


 

The Repair: 


On the return today, I had my first sighting of 2023 of an eagle in the nest along the Sammamish River just across from Redmond City Hall. In the photo, you can just make out the white head of the bird....which moved around while I was watching. 

The Nest:

 

The Route Back:



No comments:

Post a Comment