Coffeeneuring Ride #6 for me - the penultimate weekend. The advertised rain did show up this morning for our ride and persevered through the ride. While wet, it wasn't windy (like last week) or cold (like it could be in the future) - so all in all, it was a "reasonable" day for a ride in the Pacific Northwest for November (or even June in some years!).
The route today went up to Bellevue via Redmond, and we noted that the cities have really worked to clear the bike lanes of the gunk from last week's storm - maybe not so much for cyclists but certainly to keep the drains open and avoid flooding. In any event, it was much better riding today than it would have been during the week.
Our ride this week
Just a couple of hills
Our Rain Patrol (with moi photobombing the group shot)
And the group as it should be
At the coffee stop in Bellevue
Al with his coffee
Joni with her coffee
Robert and Deb
and if you want to know how were the riding conditions, here's a closeup of my glasses:
1. where you went (address and website, if possible),
Quality Foods Center (Starbucks inside store)
Address: 15600 NE 8th St K1, Bellevue, WA 98008
2. the date you went there: Nov 7, 2015
3. what you drank - Double Espresso
4. a detail or two about your coffeeneuring ride, including your assessment of the “bike friendliness” of the location: Steady rain all ride - sometimes harder, sometimes lighter, but always rain. But the local cities had cleaned the bike paths of the downed junk from the last storm and we had a great ride (although in the rain). A very acceptable ride for a rainy November Day.....although I have made this kind of ride in similar conditions in June around here!
5. total mileage. 34.0 miles (I added a couple at the end) / 1296 feet elevation.