Thursday, February 9, 2023

Start of Hill Work Feb 9, 2023 - only one hill but a real one!

 First back to back ride in quite a while although if I do go to Japan next year, it will be critical. Yesterday’s ride was an easy 43 miles around Lk Sammamish Today’s ride was also a loop around Lk Sammamish but with a decent climb up Lakemont in the middle of the ride.  I haven’t gone up Lakemont this way in about a decade - turned out to be a great hill climb and just barely still within my comfort zone! 

Since this was a bit of a scouting ride, I didn’t post it as a formal Cascade Bicycle Club ride but all the people I invited were either ride leaders or experienced cyclists who have done rides with me earlier. I’ve been experimenting with this earlier and usually between 2-4 people join me. Today (including me) we had 12 riders!  I was a bit concerned about the ride getting too big but because everyone was experienced and knew each other, the ride went very smoothly.

The objectives (for me) this week were: a) to start more hill work but don‘t go crazy at first; b) get the Roubaix riding again and see how the natural pace feels without the pressure of adhering to an advertised pace range; c) see if the new fenders hold up to longer rides; d) socialize and have fun!  All 4 aspects of the ride went very well today! 

Riders plus me: Joan, Teresa, Deanna, Lee, Marianne, Lee, Allan, Dayle, Karil, Don, and Clarice.









No comments:

Post a Comment