Thursday, March 16, 2023

Scout Ride 2023 03 16

 I was joined by 5 cycling compadres for a scouting ride on a route I planned to use in a couple of weeks. I had earlier been on most of the route but there was a central section which I hadn't been on in probably at least 7 years!  Since things might change in that amount of time, I really wanted to validate my recollection of the route. It also turns out to have a lovely hill climb which is a fabulous workout hill!! We lucked out with a sunny day (still cold at the start but warming by the end) and clear skies so we could get views of both the Cascade Mountains and the Olympic Mountains during the ride. Definitely a great day weather-wise. One of our riders was kind enough to take a group photo with me in it so my Bride could see that I was really out cycling and not stuck in some sports bar watching basketball games (the March Madness tournament started today)! At the parking lot at the end, we ran into 3 other Cascade cyclists who also took advantage of the day and did a loop around Lake Sammamish.....probably similar to the one we did the previous Tuesday.





 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment