Tuesday, March 21, 2023

TREATS Group Ride, March 21, 2023

 15 of us left Marymoor Park in Redmond, WA for a hilly ride over the Sammamish Plateau to the Snoqualmie Valley (Carnation for coffee) and returning via Union Hill Road over Novelty Hill.  This was the second mentoring ride for Karil who did a great job in turn leading and sweeping. Despite the 0% predicted chance of rain, we got pretty wet for a short while traversing the Plateau. I was glad I elected to wear my light rain jacket rather than go without.  I don't think it really warmed up as much as predicted today as well so having the extra layer made the ride more enjoyable.

I had the singing bike again as even with new pads the front inside caliper was lightly rubbing on the rotor. I know it was sucking watts out of me but I wondered if I could ever correlate the tone pitch with the number of watts I was losing? I rode at the back of the pack in consideration of the others but it was a long 38 miles of whining bike!  Fortunately I was at the far back when one of the ebike riders ran into a problem with a cable and was unable to ride up the last big hill. I told him to stay on the route (he was walking at that point) and I would bridge up to the group and see what help we could generate. Turned out a couple of riders had a similar bike and they went back and help him sort out the cable problem. I waited for them as I did know the course route so someone had to be there to lead them back the last 7 miles or so!  Always an adventure on every ride!

After the ride, another ride leader helped me (ie he actually did the steps) to realign the front brake. We'll see if it holds on our Thursday ride this week! 







No comments:

Post a Comment